WFU

2005年8月15日 星期一

ex is engaged

Believe I'd injured my left foot over-exercising for the last few weeks - the damage is now building up and I walk like a turtle (i.e. turtle speed or turtle posture). Felt pretty miserible going to the lab to pick up my lab book. To make things worse, I was viewing ex's engagement photos. What a lovely day.

lunch:
crackerbread with tuna, corn, red pepper, mayonnaise x 3
crackerbread with Somerset Brie x 1
tea with milk

dessert:
fiendish level Su Doku x 1 (cannot finish it though)

It's weird how the mind works. The engagement photos pull out the 4-5 year old flashbacks. Sitting next to each other in the virology lab studying or working, talking or napping in the evening seminar, cycling to the nearby nightmarket for dinner, mid-night driving around the nuclear power plant and the coast, patiently (or impatiently) waiting for Tai to finish whatever he was doing, etc. It's wonderful that he's stepped into the next stage of life, but a tiny part of me just doesn't feel right. It's okay. I'm very good at forgetting things and it will not be bothering me in probably 5 minutes!

assuming I'll have a productive afternoon, and then:

dinner with Robin & I-Hsin at Biblos

West-Eastern Divan Orchestra conducted by Daniel Barenboim at the Usher Hall on Monday 15 August

Tchaikovsky's Symphony No 5 will be replaced by Beethoven's Symphony No 5, and the orchestra will also perform Weber's Overture 'Abu Hassan.'

umm.... I'll go get another cup of tea and get back to work. Ciao.