WFU

2006年8月20日 星期日

deja vu

No. Deja vu describes the experience of feeling that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously. Following are just circumstances arise over and over. Want deja vu as the title anyway.

situaion 1:

Have had a wonderful week with blue sky and temperate weather. Just when you start to wind down for weekend mode, you spot merciless clouds driftingly nearby. Before you know it, before you actually leave work for home, it's torrential downpour all over the place. The 128th time I've experienced this...

situation 2:

(when purchasing certain commodity at shops:)
cashier: do you have any ID with you to proof your age?
(me handing driving licence:)
cashier: you look a lot younger
(don't know if that's a compliment anymore...)
It's the 492th time I've experienced this...

situation 3:

I know I look Thai, and people speak Thai to me when I'm in Asia. Who would have thought a middle-age Scottish lady would approach you in a bar and say 'sa-wat dee kaa' in a rural area in Edinburgh? I didn't realise I'd been spoken to in Thai until my partner mentioned those words again. It was a very awkward and embarrassing situation to be in when a friendly gesture turned into a disaster... 73th time......

situation 4:

Road works... nonstop... wonder why there're so many things they could do digging the roads here and there and everywhere...... 3 millionth time......